- Everything you need to know about broken ribsTuesday, August 20, 2019, 10:00 pm
Broken ribs are a common injury following an accident or fall. In this article, learn about how to identify the symptoms and what to expect from treatment and recovery.
- What is the best diet for leaky gut syndrome?Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 9:00 pm
Leaky gut syndrome causes uncomfortable digestive symptoms. Making certain dietary changes may help people manage these symptoms. Find out which foods to eat, and which to avoid, here.
- Yeast infection after sex: What to knowTuesday, August 20, 2019, 8:00 pm
While sexual activity does not cause a yeast infection, it can increase the risk of one developing by introducing new bacteria to the vagina. Learn more in this article.
- How to relieve gum pain fastTuesday, August 20, 2019, 7:00 pm
From tea bags to cold compresses, many home remedies can quickly relieve mild-to-moderate gum pain. Learn about these methods, and when to see a dentist, here.
- What can cause red spots on the feet?Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 6:00 pm
There are many possible causes of red spots on the feet, including injuries, insect bites, irritations, and infections. Learn about some common causes and how to treat them here.
- Causes and home remedies for dark lipsTuesday, August 20, 2019, 5:00 pm
Lip color varies from person to person. The lips can become darker for various reasons, and people can use home remedies to care for their lips. Learn about causes and treatments for dark lips here.
- Cancer more common in females with severe sleep apneaTuesday, August 20, 2019, 4:00 pm
A new study of 20,000 adults with sleep apnea suggests that the risk of cancer could be 2–3 times higher among females with a severe form of the condition.
- Type 1 diabetes: Genetic risk reflected in gut microbiomeTuesday, August 20, 2019, 2:00 pm
New research has revealed that children at a high genetic risk of type 1 diabetes have 'distinct changes' in their gut microbiome.
- 'Spontaneous chemistry' may drive Alzheimer'sTuesday, August 20, 2019, 10:00 am
A new study asks whether subtle changes to the chemistry of proteins might explain why they build up in the brains of people with Alzheimer's.
- What chronic illnesses are people with HIV more likely to experience?Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 7:00 am
An 'umbrella review of meta-analyses of observational studies' zooms in on the conditions that people living with HIV are at risk of developing.
- What causes eyebrow pain?Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 2:00 am
There are many possible causes of eyebrow pain, including sinusitis, headaches, shingles, and glaucoma. Learn about these and other causes, as well as how to get relief, here.
- What to know about HER2-negative breast cancerTuesday, August 20, 2019, 12:00 am
There are two main types of HER2-negative breast cancer: hormone receptor-positive and triple-negative. Many treatments exist, and prognosis varies. Learn more here.
- Can a person catch cystic fibrosis from someone else?Monday, August 19, 2019, 10:00 pm
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is not contagious. People only have the condition if they inherit specific faulty genes from both parents. Learn more about why people get CF here.
- Causes and treatments for a period that won't stopMonday, August 19, 2019, 9:00 pm
Although having a long period occasionally is not often a cause for concern, having them frequently or feeling that a period won't stop may indicate an underlying issue. Learn about the causes and what to do here.
- Earwax color chart: What to knowMonday, August 19, 2019, 8:00 pm
The ears are self-cleaning and produce earwax to push out dirt and debris. In this article, learn what different ear wax colors and textures indicate, as well as how to safely clean the ears.
- What to know about the IUD for endometriosisMonday, August 19, 2019, 7:00 pm
An intrauterine device, or IUD, can help some people manage the symptoms of endometriosis. Learn about how it works and the possible side effects in this article.
- What causes a persistent headache?Monday, August 19, 2019, 6:00 pm
A persistent headache, or a headache that won’t go away, can have many causes. This article discusses common causes, treatment options, and when to see a doctor.
- Dopamine and serotonin: Brain chemicals explainedMonday, August 19, 2019, 5:00 pm
Dopamine and serotonin, or the 'happy hormones,' play key roles in mood, depression, and appetite, among other things. Learn about similarities, differences, and what happens when they are out of balance here.
- Brain study probes molecular origins of anxietyMonday, August 19, 2019, 4:00 pm
By studying young monkeys, scientists have identified the first of what they believe to be many brain molecules with a causal role in anxiety.
- Dementia risk: The role of 'blood pressure patterns'Monday, August 19, 2019, 3:00 pm
A new study investigates the importance of fluctuations in blood pressure from mid-age to later life. It asks how these changes relate to dementia risk.