- Osteoarthritis: Could researchers have found the key to prevention?Sunday, February 18, 2018, 8:00 am
Researchers reveal how FoxO proteins are important for joint health, and how increasing the levels of these proteins could prevent or treat osteoarthritis.
- How making fun of yourself can make you happySunday, February 18, 2018, 8:00 am
A new study has examined the psychological benefits and disadvantages of self-deprecating humor. The findings may come as a surprise for many.
- Single dads twice as likely to die prematurelySaturday, February 17, 2018, 8:00 am
Single fathers are more than twice as likely to die prematurely than their partnered counterparts or single moms, suggests a large-scale new study.
- Just 1 hour of gaming may improve attentionSaturday, February 17, 2018, 8:00 am
Researchers found that playing a video game for just 1 hour led to an increase in brain activity and improved visual selective attention.
- How can I get rid of milia?Friday, February 16, 2018, 7:00 pm
Is it possible to remove milia? We look at home remedies, medical treatments, and ways to prevent these small, white bumps from occurring.
- Common blood pressure drug may prevent type 1 diabetesFriday, February 16, 2018, 5:00 pm
Researchers reveal that methyldopa — a drug commonly used to lower blood pressure — could also be used for the prevention and treatment of type 1 diabetes.
- What is golfer's elbow and how is it treated?Friday, February 16, 2018, 5:00 pm
In this article, we look at medial epicondylitis, its symptoms, and causes. We also provide information on treatment and exercises for it.
- What side effects can result from interferon?Friday, February 16, 2018, 4:00 pm
Interferon is used to treat several health conditions, but it has a range of side effects. We look at how these vary in severity and duration here.
- What are the health benefits of being creative?Friday, February 16, 2018, 4:00 pm
From writing to dancing, creative activities can make our life more fun. Studies show that they can actually do wonders for our mental and physical health.
- How does exercise preserve the aging brain?Friday, February 16, 2018, 3:00 pm
Higher cardiorespiratory fitness is tied to stronger white matter and better cognitive performance in a study of seniors with mild cognitive impairment.
- What are the different types of poop?Friday, February 16, 2018, 1:00 pm
A look at different types of poop, which has a range of consistencies and odors. Learn more about the different types and what they mean here.
- Natural remedies for constipationFriday, February 16, 2018, 12:00 pm
We look at some possible natural alternatives to laxatives for people looking to have a bowel movement. We also look at when to see a doctor.
- Stroke risk may depend on your height as a childFriday, February 16, 2018, 8:00 am
A new study from Denmark suggests that individuals who did not reach average height as children may be more exposed to stroke as adults.
- What causes a buildup of pressure behind the eyes?Friday, February 16, 2018, 8:00 am
In this article, we look at reasons for feelings of pressure behind the eye, including a migraine or sinus infection. When should you see a doctor?
- Ovarian cancer: How your father's genes can affect your riskFriday, February 16, 2018, 8:00 am
New research finds that fathers can pass their daughters a genetic mutation that can cause ovarian cancer. It can also cause prostate cancer in men.
- How do I stop stress eating?Thursday, February 15, 2018, 7:00 pm
A look at emotional eating when people use food to cope with emotions, such as stress. Included is detail on the causes and common triggers to avoid.
- How to treat an infected hangnailThursday, February 15, 2018, 5:00 pm
Find out how to treat an infected hangnail. In this article, we cover home remedies, how to drain an abscess, prevention methods, and symptoms.
- The 10 things you should know about your vaginaThursday, February 15, 2018, 5:00 pm
Think you know all there is to know about your lady parts? Think again. Here, we take you through 10 things that you should know about the vagina.
- Have scientists found an anti-cancer vaccine?Thursday, February 15, 2018, 5:00 pm
Researchers used stem cells to create an anti-cancer vaccine, which they tested in 75 mice with various types of cancer. Here's what they found.
- Running may protect your memory from stressThursday, February 15, 2018, 4:00 pm
Chronic stress can affect our brain health, and particularly our memory. Not to worry, though; a new study has found that running could offset that damage.